BOHEMENIA – THE BOHO CHIC
Hi Stunners. Wassuppp ??!! I am just in a happy state of mind today. I have been thinking to create a boho look since long.
Boho-chic is a style of fashion drawing on various bohemian and hippie influence. It has been seen since the early 1990s and, although appearing to wane from time to time, has repeatedly re-surfaced in varying guises. The “new boho” is here, and it’s time to disregard all your previous notions about bohemian chic styles.
We’re not talking about hippie caftans and tunics, flower crowns, or the kind of wears you’d sport at Coachella. The new boohoo is all about making bohemian-inspired styles wearable for your everyday life, whether you’re going to the office or anywhere else where a flowing maxi dress or fringed crop top may not be appropriate.
Bohemian style consists of loose, colorful clothing and has been known as boho chic, hippie style, and Aesthetic dress. With their long flowing hair and rich, though threadbare fabrics, bohemians stand out in a crowd representing a colorful counterculture based on creativity, poverty, and an indifference to social structures and traditions.
Bohemian style has consisted of several fashion elements.
- Loose, flowing clothing made of natural fabrics
- Less restrictive garments worn without corsets, bras or other restrictive elements
- Loose, flowing hair
- Colorful scarves worn at the neck, on the head, or instead of a belt
- Peasant style clothing including tunics, loose trousers, boots, and sandals
- Used or worn clothing
- Oriental elements including robes, kimonos, and the ethnic designs of Persia, India, Turkey, and China
- Mixing historical elements of medieval clothing with ethnic styles
- Matching of garments in a nontraditional manner, such as mixing prints, or unusual color combinations
- Multi strands of beads, several bangle bracelets, and the wearing of unusual, hand crafted, or unmatched jewelry
- Large dangle or large hoop earrings
- Broad brimmed hats
- Patched clothing
- Paisley, flowered fabrics, ruffles, lace edged sleeves
- A general disregard for tidiness and uniformity of dress
- A look of contrived dishevelment
So as you all know how I love to carry myself casual and sporty all the time.
Few months ago I received this black top from www.meish.in Meish clothings are just amazing, the material is super cool, soft and comfy. I loved their collection.
The look I created is all similar to a boho chic . As I wanted to try one.
Added a pair of silver or oxidized bracelet, neckpiece and a hat.
This hat is my all time favorite. It gives me so perfect boho chic look. What’s your style statement for being a boho girl?? Do share your views.
Neckpiece: Bandra Streets.
Hope you liked them 🙂 Until next time, love uh all.